Soup is always the best immune-boosting drink and a great warm-up in the winter weather. When you’re suffering from flu, makes you and your little ones feel better in no time. So, here are some quick and healthy soup recipes for cold and cough for you and your family. Enjoy!
lamictal potential for abuse persuasive essay on random locker searches cymbalta vs prozac cialis da 5 mg non funziona wa essays about an inconvenient truth globalization in canada essay doxycycline yeast infection prevention go here baixaki cd levitra flavio playback pro implied thesis verbs thesis sentence on revenge http://grhfad.cias.rit.edu/rx/combien-de-temps-dure-leffet-du-viagra-vs-cialis/30/ essay on holocaust https://footcaregroup.org/perpill/magnum-100-viagra/35/ generisk cialis thesis supervisor gift https://eventorum.puc.edu/usarx/cialis-kaufen-mit-online-rezept/82/ https://shepherdstown.info/conclusion/essays-analysis-of-the-cask-of-amontillado/17/ army civilian resume builder jobs https://www.arohaphilanthropies.org/heal/can-viagra-taken-cialis/96/ https://www.rmhc-reno.org/project/what-can-i-do-to-help-my-community-essay/25/ cialis rezeptfrei kaufen paypal viagra 50 mg effetti Norfloxacin go site online prescriptions propecia https://sigma-instruments.com/viagra-canada-prescription-required-8894/ do my tourism admission paper dotted line writing paper apple laserwriter 630 paper tray trazodona y viagra nyu mfa creative writing acceptance rate #1. Chicken soup(Soup for the soul)
This delicious soup is enjoyed equally by both kids and adult.
Studies have shown that chicken soup can help fight colds.
Moreover, it’s super easy and healthy.
The egg can be added to this protein-loaded soup to make it even healthier. Also, include herbs – a great taste enhancer and loaded with numerous health benefits.
Chicken soup is proved to have anti-inflammatory properties as well as a great immune booster.
The soup will help soothe a sore throat and keep nasal passages moist and clear. Moreover, it’s got the Grandmom seal of approval and is known as Soup for body and soul.
- Sweet corn – Half a bowl or as per child’s taste.
- Chicken pieces boneless – 250 gm
- Salt – as per taste
- Olive Oil – 1 tsp
- Water – 500 ml
- Cornflour – 1 tsp(optional)
- Egg – 1 (optional)
- Few drops of lemon
- Cloves – 2 to 3
- Bay-leaf – 1
- Peppercorns – As per taste.
- Cinnamon stick – 1 small.
How to Make:
- Add chicken pieces, corn, salt, crushed garlic, cloves, peppercorns, cinnamon into a pressure cooker. Pour enough water(3 to 4 glasses) and give 3 to 4 whistles.
- In a large pan heat some olive oil, add the soup preparation to it.
- Break the egg and add it slowly to pan.
- Give everything a boil and gently stir.
- Finally, sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve hot.
#2. Tomato carrot and beetroot soup recipe for cold and cough.
Another soup recipes for treating cold and cough. This sweet and tangy soup is all time Kid’s favorite.
The combination of beets with carrots and tomato makes a beautiful red-colored soup which also helps to prevent colds and flu.
Carrots are rich in antioxidant and immune-boosting nutrients like beta-carotene and vitamin C.
Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants which boost your immune system, also the garlic used to add flavor to this soup possess immune-boosting and flu-fighting properties.
- Tomato – 2 medium size
- Carrot – 1 large size
- Beetroot – 1 medium size
- Salt – As per taste
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Olive oil/butter – 1 tsp
- Water – 2 cups
- Pepper powder – As per taste
How to Make:
- Cut the tomatoes in small pieces. Peel and grate the carrot. Peel the beetroot and cut a slice from it.
- In the pre-heated pressure cooker or pressure pan, without the lid on medium heat, add beets, tomato, carrots, pepper, garlic, onions, and salt. Add water and close the lid.
- Cook for 4 to 5 whistles.
- Once it cools down, strain out the liquid and keep it aside.
- Blend the vegetable puree in a mixer/blender.
- In a pan heat some olive oil. Add the vegetable puree and the strained liquid in it.
- Give everything a nice boil.
- Pour in your favorite soup bowl with a dash of butter.
- Serve hot
#3. Black chickpeas soup recipe for cold and cough.
This is my personal favorite as this soup gives instant relief from cough to my toddler. Its the quickest soup of all, with minimum ingredients and maximum relief from cold.
Kala Chana or brown/black chickpeas are very high in protein and provides a nutritional meal. It has a low glycemic index and is a good protein option for vegetarians.
It is light on tummy and helps clear throat congestion.
- Black chickpeas – 100 gm
- Water – 750 ml
- Salt – as per taste
- Cloves- 1 to 2
- Cinnamon – 1 inch
- Butter – 1 tsp
- Pepper – as per taste
How to make:
- Wash and soak black chana for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight.
- In a pressure cooker add the soaked chickpeas and close the lid. After the first whistle lowers the flame and wait for another 3-4 whistles and then switch off the flame.
- Once the steam has been released drain out the boiled chana separately and boils the clear soup.
- Add butter, lemon, crushed pepper, and fresh coriander and serve piping hot.
- Can add chopped vegetables like carrot, beans, and peas to make this soup healthier
- Leftover chana can be consumed as delicious chaat.
#4. Spinach soup
The final soup recipes for treating cold and cough. Spinach is an extremely healthy green leafy vegetable for both your kid and yourself. It provides an excellent source of allicin, a compound that has strong anti-bacterial and anti-viral activity which works to get rid of flu causing agents. The form of soup is loved by most kids as it tastes good by adding the right flavors.
- Spinach puree – 2 cups
- Cornflour – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves crushed
- Salt – to taste
- Water – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Pepper- to taste
How to Make:
- In a large pan, heat oil.
- Slowly add spinach puree, water, salt, garlic in it.
- Dissolve cornstarch in milk
- Add the solution in the pan
- Bring everything to a boil in medium flame.
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Transfer to a soup bowl and serve hot.
For spinach puree:
- Put the Spinach in a large vessel and wash it nicely under the tap.
- In a vessel, add the washed spinach(without any water) and close the lid.
- Let it cook on a medium flame.
- Once it cools down, blend and make it into a puree