For every mother, her child is nonetheless an angel. Those teeny-weeny eyes, that silky soft skin, and those shiny little tresses or even that gleaming round scalp sans any hair, everything about babies is just so very much mesmerizing. If you too want to keep the apple of your eyes as gorgeous as he/she is right now check out the following daily skin and hair care routine.
DAILY HAIR AND SKIN CARE ROUTINE
Just like adults, babies and toddlers need the 3 step process of Cleansing, moisturizing, and Sunscreen. Follow the steps religiously, to keep their skin and hair beautiful and healthy.
For cleaning your baby’s skin and hair, choose a mild liquid cleanser that will keep the skin and hair soft and supple.
Some of the recommended brands available :
- Aveeno Baby Gentle Wash & Shampoo with Natural Oat Extract, Tear-Free &, Lightly Scented – It can be used every day to help keep your baby’s skin & hair feeling soft, smooth, and healthier.
- Baby Dove Tip to Toe Baby Wash and Shampoo For Baby’s Delicate Skin Rich Moisture – Baby Dove Tip to Toe Wash and Shampoo gently cleanse and nourishes your baby’s delicate skin, leaving it softer and more nourished than other baby bath soap.
- Johnson’s Head-To-Toe Gentle Baby Wash & Shampoo, Tear-Free, Sulfate-Free & Hypoallergenic – Apply baby wash & shampoo, rinse and follow with a gentle massage using Johnson’s Head-To-Toe Baby Lotion.
Just like adults, the baby’s skin too needs moisturizing. Use a fragrance-free emollient cream or ointment immediately after the bath to keep dryness at bay. In summers, use an oil-free moisturizer and winters moisturizing creams.
Some of the Recommended brands available :
- Baby Dove Face and Body Lotion Rich Moisture – Made with 100% skin-natural nutrients and helps delicate baby skin retain its natural moisture all day long.
- Johnson’s CottonTouch Newborn Baby Face and Body Lotion – This body and face lotion is specially designed for your newborn’s sensitive skin and provides light and silky moisturization that lasts for 24 hours
- Aveeno Baby Soothing Relief Moisturizing Cream with Natural Oat Complex – From the pediatrician-recommended brand, this moisturizing cream is specially formulated for babies and is a steroid-, phthalate- and paraben-free.
Yes! baby skin needs sunscreen to combat the harmful effects of sun rays. Sunscreen that guards against UVA and UVB rays with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 15.
Some of the recommended brands available :
Babyganics Sunscreen Lotion 50 SPF – Formulated with NeoNourish Seed Oil Blend. Broad-spectrum SPF 50 – UVA + UVB protection.
Aveeno Baby Continuous Protection Zinc Oxide Mineral Sunscreen Lotion With Broad Spectrum SPF 50 – Specially formulated for babies and contains naturally-sourced 100% zinc oxide active ingredient, which is a widely recommended mineral sunscreen ingredient
You may also like to read Tips to overcome walking delays in toddlers.
For wiping baby face we can use soft cotton like cloth or sterlized cotton. We can also use non scented, non alcoholic baby face wipes.
Some of the recommended brands available:
Johnson’s Head-to-Toe Baby Cleansing Clothes – Designed for newborns, this is ultra-mild and gentle baby body wipes.
Baby Wipes, Pampers Expressions Baby Diaper Wipes – Dermatologically tested for gentle cleansing on baby’s skin
Whenever busy mom’s find some time in addition to the above Hair and Skin Care routine, we can follow these simple home remedies for their best skin and hair care:
Natural Home Remedies to keep kid’s skin soft and healthy.
Honey, Lemon and Milk powder paste
Make a thick paste by mixing all these three ingredients and apply gently on the baby’s skin for about 10 minutes.
As soon as it dries up, remove the paste by gently stroking the skin with your hands. Regular use will bring amazing results to the baby’s complexion.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO READ FOOD FOR BRAIN DEVELOPMENT IN KIDS.
Turmeric Powder and Gram Flour Paste.
You can reduce the aftermaths of sun exposure (especially in winters) on your baby’s skin by using a paste prepared with turmeric and gram flour/raw milk/yogurt/beetroot juice.
Remove the paste before it gets over-dry to avoid discomfort to your baby’s sensitive skin.
You can also use the paste of milk and chickpea flour with a pinch of turmeric powder to remove unwanted hair on the body of infants.
Just gently scrub the paste for 5-10 minutes and wash it off. The paste also improves the baby’s skin texture and gives a natural glow. Repeat it daily to see faster results.
Olive Oil and Coconut Oil Hair Mask.
While these two oils are best for baby skin massage, they are a boon for baby’s hair and scalp too.
If your baby’s head has excessive scaling or cradle cap (bald patch where head touches pillow), apply olive oil every night at bed-time and gently brush his/her hair with a super soft-bristled brush.
Wash it off the next morning and apply coconut oil to keep scalp soft and supple throughout the day.
Avoid any shampoos for babies until the age of 3 months.
Yogurt and Milk Pack.
Constant use of yogurt and milk will do visibly amazing wonders to your baby. Use it while bathing the baby. Avoid using chilled milk and yogurt as they will do more harm rather than the benefit.
Aloe vera can do wonders on skin and hair. Just take a little pulp and massage it for 5 minutes over your baby’s skin and head.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO READ ADJUSTING YOUR CHILD TO HIS NEW SIBBLING.
Apple Cider Vinegar
It helps in boosting immunity, fighting infections, soothing mind, moisturizing skin, and reducing skin infections. Give ACV bath by mixing 2-3 spoons of ACV in a full water tub.
Healthy Diet Intake
Ensure adding plenty of veggies and fruits as nothing can be as beneficial for your baby’s skin and health as a healthy diet.
NOTE: Consult your paediatrician before introducing new things to your baby’s diet and lifestyle both.