We have come up with a set of rules which should be made mandatory in all schools to ensure our children's safety. We want to take all precautions in making schools as secure as possible and avoid in such heinous crime to happen in future.
So, here goes the school safety guideline checklist which should be enforced in all schools asap :
- #1. CCTV Cameras of good quality, covering a broader angle to be installed in all major as well as remote places of the school. Regular maintenance of camera should be carried out to keep them in working condition at all times.
- #2. Live streaming of CCTV cameras should be made available to parents.
- #3. No adult should be allowed to use the washrooms dedicated to kids. Female sub staff should always be present to guard the washroom. Separate washroom for school staff.
- #4. Background checks and police verification of all the staff members must be done. There should be no compromise on this.
- #5. Any ongoing work in school like painting/plumbing/carpentry should be strictly prohibited during school hours. This is to prevent labourers entering the school during kids presence.
- #6. Child Abuse Prevention Committee should be appointed including staff and parents to tackle local issues. Such committee members should be allowed to make random visits.
- #7. Students of all levels should be given education related to self safety. Also read About CHILD SELF SAFETY TIPS.
- #8. School transport should be GPS and CCTV enabled at all times. App based monitoring should be provided to parents to track the child during bus route.
- #9. Training and medical preparedness of the school management and staff in response to a potential fire, combating natural disasters like earthquakes etc.
- #10. Safety mechanisms to prevent bullying, sexual abuse etc in school campus and buses.
- #11. When children go out from the school for events, competitions, excursions, there should be a stringent security policy in place to safe guard children. There should be no consent form to be signed by parents stating school is not responsible for any misshappening.
- #12. Visitor entry and exit procedures should be strictly monitored at all times and in all entry and exit points.
- #13. The third party audit is required from a reputed organisation. They should give a timeline for implementation to the school and this report should be shared with the parents.
#14. They should certify that all recommendations are complied and adhered to and review checks happen every 6 months.SHARE WITH MAXIMUM...OUR KIDS ARE PRECIOUS THAN ANYTHING ELSE..